Position title: Outreach Coordinator
Employment type: Full-time
Application deadline: Open until filled
Salary range: $44,000-$48,000
EarthGen is a nonprofit organization that equips young people to grow their power as
changemakers for a healthy environment. Through EarthGen’s science-based programs
based in K-12 schools, students and educators gain knowledge, skills, and experience they need to think critically, collaborate, and take action to create a more just and sustainable world. With a focus on communities impacted by environmental and educational inequities, EarthGen provides resources and opportunities for environmental learning and action to educators, students, and school communities across Washington state.
The Outreach Coordinator works as a member of EarthGen’s program team to ensure that the organization successfully engages young people in rural, suburban, and urban
communities across Washington state in locally-based environmental learning and action. The Outreach Coordinator will leverage their interpersonal and organizational skills to connect with educators, youth, and community partners and provide them with
customized resources and support. In service to EarthGen’s focus on racial equity, the
person in this role will serve as an advocate and ally to communities of color, prioritizing
their unique needs and seeking to center assets through collaboration.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
School Outreach and Direct Classroom Support
- Provide ongoing guidance and support to students, educators, school administrators, and community partners by email, phone, and in person to support successful engagement with EarthGen programs.
- Provide in-person support to classrooms and school communities (e.g., Days of Service, recycling activities, walking field trips), to help them meet their environmental learning and action goals.
- Manage EarthGen’s Certification program, supporting student-led environmental learning and action projects on school campuses.
- Recognize and award EarthGen students, schools, and community partners for their environmental efforts through EarthGen’s school certification program.
Program and Events Support
- Plan and facilitate both online and in-person trainings, workshops, and other events for educators, students, school leaders, and community partners.
- Recruit event attendees and coordinate event logistics, such as registration, preand post-event communication, and materials management.
- Represent EarthGen at community events, participate in stakeholder meetings, and assist with fundraising activities as needed.
- Curate and create a catalog of resources for educators to support environmental learning and action projects in their school communities.
Relationship Building and Partnerships
- Maintain and strengthen relationships within participating school districts while consistently striving to initiate and cultivate new relationships statewide, with a focus on those furthest from environmental and educational justice.
- Consistently seek and identify potential community partners that can support EarthGen’s goals and overall success.
Data Management and Maintenance
- Support program evaluation activities by deploying tools, collecting data, synthesizing results, and highlighting stories of impact.
- Use Salesforce, SurveyMonkey and other database management tools to track program engagement and outputs and analyze data to inform future activities.
- Serve as administrative lead for EarthGen’s learning management systems, including Canvas.
EarthGen is a small and growing organization, and all employees are expected to perform tasks outside of their job description from time to time.
- Passion for EarthGen’s mission and a commitment to equity and environmental justice.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, education, communications, or related field; OR equivalent experience.
- 2 or more years of experience in environmental education, community engagement, or similar responsibilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Self-directed and organized, with attention to detail.
- High emotional intelligence, with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with and learn from people from different backgrounds.
- Flexibility and interest in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with effective collaboration with Washington’s diverse communities, with a focus on bilingual, migrant, native, and/or BIPOC communities.
- Ability to travel in Washington state.
- Knowledge of and experience working with K-12 schools.
- Professional training in equity and social justice.
- Tech savvy, especially with Microsoft Office and online meeting platforms like Zoom; learning management systems like Canvas; Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Experience public speaking, both in person and online with diverse populations from urban settings to rural communities.
The Outreach Coordinator position is a full-time, salaried position. Some flexibility around work hours will be required, including occasional evenings and weekends. The salary range is $44,000-$48,000 depending on experience, plus full benefits (medical/dental/vision benefits/403b retirement plan). Time off includes 11 paid holidays, 7 Sick and Safe Leave days, and 20 vacation days in the first year.
EarthGen offers a flexible and hybrid work environment, with employees working a combination of remote and in-person work. Our office is located in the Wallingford neighborhood in Seattle
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume as ONE document in PDF or Word
format and title it “Outreach Coordinator_Your Last Name.” In your cover letter, outline
1) your experience with the requirements listed above and 2) why you are a good fit for this position. Email all materials to email@example.com with the subject line “Outreach
Coordinator _Your Last Name.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the
job announcement will remain open until filled.
EarthGen values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, and members of ethnic minorities to apply. EarthGen is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.