EarthGen is a nonprofit organization that equips young people to grow their power as changemakers for a healthy environment. Through EarthGen’s science-based programs based in K-12 schools, young people gain knowledge, skills, and experience they need to think critically, work together, and take action to create a more just and sustainable world. With a focus on communities impacted by environmental and educational inequities, EarthGen offers resources and opportunities for environmental learning and action to educators, students, and school communities across Washington state. For more information about EarthGen and its impact, please visit earthgenwa.org.
To support the continued success and growth of the organization, EarthGen is seeking new, talented members for its Board of Directors. We invite community leaders who are committed to kids, K-12 education, climate solutions, and environmental justice to contact us to learn more.
Board Service Expectations (approximately 2-4 hours per month)
- Board members provide oversight and strategic direction to EarthGen.
- Board meetings are held every-other-month via Zoom.
- Each board member is asked to serve on one or more committees: Stewardship, Finance, Governance, and Racial Equity. These committees usually meet on alternate months.
- We also ask board members to contribute to the success of EarthGen through sharing their expertise and by supporting the organization’s fundraising and friend-raising efforts.
- Board members serve two-year terms, with an option to renew for a total of six years.
Who Should Apply?
We are specifically interested in people who have one or more of the following attributes to enhance our current board:
- People with lived experience in or working relationships with BIPOC communities, especially bilingual and/or migrant farmworkers, especially in central/eastern Washington.
- People with experience working in school administration and/or educational leadership.
- People with experience working in organizational capacity building and/or HR who have professional experiences with equity and social justice practices.
Please reach out to Laura Collins (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Board Governance Chair, Nancy Harmon (NHarmon@mahlum.com) with interest or questions. Thank you!